December 4, 2015

North Carolina - Day Five

Today was a perfect ending to our trip. The kids and I slept in and they were all perfect at breakfast. Everyone was in a much better mood today! We had good weather again and the sky was beautifully blue and clear. So after a little bit of school we went out to pick up lunch and explore a new little playground. James didn't join us today because he was taking his test.

James passed his test! This class is for a whole new level of certification for his job (don't worry, I'm not going to get into explaining it!) and is a pretty big deal. I am so proud of him! Because he did well he was able to finish up a little early and having him back gave us all a really pleasant afternoon. 

Christian chases after Daddy.
Jon needs some help with his snorkel. 
James took the boys to see Inside Out at a second run theater which gave me a couple hours of glorious alone time. I treasure the time we are together on trips and I really like sharing a room and getting extra cuddles with my boys. But I am an introvert and having time alone is soothing to my soul. 

James came home from the movie with pizza and a surprise, he had bought snorkel sets for the boys! They were cheap but really good quality. After dinner we all went down to the pool and the boys were able to try them out. It was so much fun! They picked up on using the fins quickly and were zipping around the pool. Christian is so fast with them on that we can't get away when he is a shark!

Christian in his flns!
Will loves having a mask!





















Will and Jon did really well with the snorkels too although it was hard for them to always stay on the surface of the water. I had that problem when I started snorkeling, I prefer to be fully under the water. I'm excited that they are learning, I really cannot wait until we can introduce them to Hawaii. 

Will and Jon practice snorkeling


We had such a fun and relaxed night. For all the stresses and emotional exhaustion I think it was a good trip. And I got to cuddle with Christian tonight until he fell asleep. He doesn't always like to cuddle, he tends to be pretty wiggly at bedtime, so tonight was really wonderful. 

But we are getting an early start tomorrow so I am off to bed. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment