November 9, 2015

Relaxation - San Diego Day Three

As promised today was a day of rest and relaxation. Christian slept until 5:30 today which was a welcome improvement. I got up first with the boys so James could sleep in but after he woke I was able to go back to bed for a nap. While I was sleeping, he and Camille took the boys out shopping to get a few more groceries. I woke up to the sound of the waves and was able to sit quietly reading for at least 45 minutes before the kids came home. It was heaven!

Christian is sure he sees a shark in the water
James then served us all a delicious lunch and Christian said it was just like eating at a fancy restaurant. We then spent a couple hours puttering around doing school, reading, and cleaning up. Finally, feeling well rested, James and I took the boys down the street to our local beach while Camille stayed home alone to paint. 

James and the boys in the water
Christian rides the waves
Jon had so much fun!
The beach was great! We had sand toys and boogie boards from the house and even though it wasn't hot today the water was comfortably warm. The waves were perfect, strong enough to use the boards but not so big that they would knock the boys down. The boys loved boogie boarding! 

Jonny and I ride the waves
Will never came in to shore close enough for us to get a good picture.
He was always going deeper to try and catch bigger waves.
Christian loved boogie boarding
I love Jon's smile
Christian is having a blast!
Christian and Jon got cold pretty quickly and came out of the water to play in the sand. But Will loved boogie board surfing so much that he stayed in for hours! As we were out in the water Will said "This is the best day ever! I'm never ever coming out of the water!" James and I took turns in the water with him and we both had so much fun. The waves were powerful enough to push us really fast and far. It made me miss the kayaking surfing we did in college.

Boogie boarding!
Christian warms up in the sun
Christian and Jon digging in the sand
Christian buried in the sand
Eventually though the sun sank low enough that we had to drag Will out of the water and head for home. The boys who had been having so much fun just minutes before all lost it on the short walk to the car and were in tears before we arrived home. Our plan had been to go out for dinner but the boys were so exhausted (and emotionally unstable) that they stayed home with me instead. 

Jon's picture of the setting sun.
He is trying the different color settings on his camera.
Will and Jon were happy to stay home with but poor Christian was devastated. He is so much like Camille and loves to go out on trips, to restaurants, or even just shopping. He cried and cried when they left but I knew that he was too tired. I was proven right when he fell asleep on the couch while I was making dinner. I tried in vain to wake him, even standing him up on his feet, but he is just impossible to wake. Of course it is also impossible to get him to go back to sleep as I'm sure I'll find out around 4am tonight!

The evening sky
This house has a game cupboard and before bed we played an interminable game of Sorry. We have been so spoiled by all the wonderful games we have at home! After 45 minutes of no progress Camille remarked "Well this is a good game if you are serving life in prison." I shouldn't make too much fun, we did have a good time and we laughed and laughed as James tore his hair out every time he was sent back to start. But after an hour Jon started falling asleep at the table so we called it a draw and went to bed.

Jon and Grandma playing Sorry!
Game night!
I'm off to bed to because tomorrow is Legoland! The boys are so excited, I don't know if it can possibly live up to their expectations!

Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Jonny, I love your picture of the sunset it's beautiful! You have a real talent! Don't have too much fun at Legoland I'm jealous! I love and miss you all! Xoxox

    ReplyDelete