April 17, 2017

Disney Day Two - The Magic Kingdom

What a day! We spent over 12 hours at the Magic Kingdom today. Twelve hours! Our feet are sore but it was a very good day. We arrived at the park early to meet Noel, Diana, Mackenzie and Riley who were already there. Our first stop was Tomorrowland where we saw the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor and went on Stitch's Great Escape. The kids loved the Laugh Floor and Will's laughter filled the room. I enjoyed the show but spent way too much time hoping that I wouldn't be picked for the audience participation.


All of us at the Magic Kingdom
Tomorrowland



After a couple of rides we did a little shopping and had lunch. Noel bought all three of the boys lanyards and Disney pins. Will and Jon went with a Star Wars theme but Christian surprised us all by choosing a Chip and Dale lanyard. He is very excited about meeting them tomorrow!


Diana loves Stitch!
After lunch we went on one of our favorite rides, Big Thunder Mountain Rollercoaster. This was Christian's first time on a roller coaster and he loved it! He has absolutely no fear. Will and Jon are also big fans although I don't think I went on a single ride with them. Jon rode with Nana most of today and Will kept close by Mackenzie's side. Riley was my ride buddy though and I had a wonderful time with him. He is a really great kid.


Riley


Diana on the Buzz ride

Afterwards we split up for a bit. James and Will went to explore Tom Sawyer Island which was fantastic. They loved the caves and Will let his inner werewolf loose and scared some tourists with his howl. While they were on the island the rest of us went down Splash Mountain. I am not a fan of flume rides and if it wasn't for Christian I probably would have skipped. But I am glad I went. It was a lot of fun and I loved being able to take Christian on his first big flume. As we set off up the first hill he asked me "Are you prepared?" He certainly was and wasn't scared a bit.



I almost died on this ride because Diana was driving.

Will was big enough to drive his own car!

We were also able to try out the new Seven Dwarfs ride today. I rode with Riley again in the front of the coaster and he had his eyes open and his hands up the whole time! I was very impressed and enjoyed going on the ride with him. The ride itself wasn't as good as Thunder Mountain although similar in the mine coaster theme. But it did have a nice slow section through a cave where the dwarfs, and most of us on the ride, sang the heigh-ho song from Snow White. That was a lot of fun although I don't think my children had ever heard the song before.


On the Little Mermaid ride

Mackenzie and Will
One of our favorite rides last year was Pirates of the Caribbean and we were looking forward to going on it again. It has changed a bit though and the first part is a lot scarier and darker then we had remembered. Poor Jon was rather nervous and covered his ears at one point. The kids have been eager to go on the Haunted Mansion this year but I think I am going to keep Jon out of it. I let him go on a "haunted" ride at Canobie one year and he was mad at me for not protecting him from it so I don't want to make that mistake again.


Little pirates


Christian loves Auntie Diana

For dinner tonight we ate at the Crystal Palace with Pooh, Tiger, Piglet, and Eeyore. I don't know if is because they are older or because we'd been walking around for ten hours but the boys were not as excited to see the characters this time. They did all get some nice hugs and pictures though.




Nana and Christian

Hugging Eeyore
Pooh bear!


P...P...P...Piglet

The boys with Tigger

Dinner at the Crystal Pala


Eeyore!

I can't write anymore because after 12 hours my body and mind are exhausted and we have a whole week still to go. So I am off to bed. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment