May 29, 2015

North Carolina Day Five - Last Day of Class

Today is James; last day of work!!  He has been in class, studying, or sleeping the past couple of days so I am really excited about seeing him tonight. This morning I gave the boys a couple of options but they all voted unanimously to swim in the pool before lunch. 

While we were swimming, we played that we were all Egyptian gods.  It was Jon's idea.  He was Ra, Colin was Anubis, I was Isis, Charlie was my son Horus, and Will was Khnemu an ancient and somewhat obscure god of the Nile.  My kids are awesome.  We had a lot of fun playing Egyptian gods although I don't think Colin quite knew what to make of it.  

The boys love to swim!
Will in the water
After the pool we went to pick up James for an early lunch.  We went back to our favorite place, Cookout, where we discovered that no matter how much we ordered we couldn't spend any money.  Really, I love this place.

After we brought James back to work I took the kids to a movie.  I had started to feel a little sick after the pool and I needed something low impact for the kids to do.  We saw Night at the Museum 3 and little Charlie slept on my lap for most of it.

By the time the movie was over I was feeling really sick.  There were a few minutes in the theater where I thought I was going to throw up and I had no idea what to do with Charlie if that happened.  Thankfully though I kept it together until we got home.  

James was already home by the time we got there.  He had passed his class with flying colors!!  I am so proud of him!  He really worked hard on this trip and had to learn a lot of complicated math.

James took the boys out to a Chinese supermarket where they were all able to buy drinks that the boys call "screaming sodas".  They have been talking about these drinks since we got down here, it was a very special treat.  On the way home James drove by a sketchy establishment that is opposite our hotel.  Will pipped up, "That sign says topless but it isn't really topless."  James' mind started to race, how was he going to explain this one?  Then Will finished, "It has a roof on it!"  Ah, innocence.

My plan had been to pack up while the boys were out but by this time I was completely sick and unable to do anything.  James brought me home a nice dinner that I couldn't eat and I ended up taking a nap and then going to bed early.  Charlie wanted to take care of me and kept handing me water and telling me to "drink it so you will feel better".  I love him so much.  Charlie also read me some books.  He brought one over with a picture of a lion and read "The mom asked, 'Why is there a lion outside?'  Then the lion scratched him and killed him.  Then everyone in North America died.  The end!"

The boys were disappointed that we couldn't go to the pool but I was too sick and James wasn't up for it by himself.  James was exhausted but he took care of me and the kids and put everyone to bed with little trouble.  He is amazing.  

Tomorrow we are starting our journey home although I don't think we will leave as early as we wanted to.  I am just praying that no one is sick for the drive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment