October 2, 2019

Canada Day 7 - Relaxing in Quebec

Well today was a quiet one and a much needed rest! We slept in and relaxed this morning and didn't leave the apartment until noon. Then we headed out to the mall to find a store that James and I had visited four years ago. I didn't write about it at the time, but James and I had stayed in Quebec City for our ten year anniversary. And while we were enjoying this beautiful city we kept talking about all the things the kids and Camille would love. So I'm so glad we were all able to come back!

A relaxing morning

Anyway, after a quick lunch we arrived at my favorite store in the whole world. Imaginaire is a three story comic book/game store with hundreds of board games, quality costumes and swords, and lots of action figures, comics, and mangas. We found Dixit here four years ago and there are a host of other games that I'd love to try. Because we are in Quebec many of the games are in French but they always have an English version too. 
 
My favorite store

Christian tries on a helmet
I could have spent all day here looking at the games and browsing. And the boys really loved the anime section of the store. Jon spent his souvenir money here to buy a Dragon Ball Z character and he's been playing with it all day. After Imaginaire we also stopped by Toys 'R' Us where Christian bought his souvenir, a remote control car that he loves. 
Costumes, swords, and games

Then we were off to another street that James and I had found on our anniversary trip. I've no idea what the name of it is but it had a little market, a quaint bakery, and a shop selling fresh fruit, all things that we knew Camille would enjoy. And indeed we did come home with fruit and fresh bread! 


The street also had another treat that James and I had enjoyed last time, a place called Chocolats Favoris. It is a chocolate store chain only found in Quebec that specializes in chocolate fondues and dips for ice cream. The chocolate was delicious but much more intense than I remembered. It is so much thicker than the chocolate dips at home and I confess that it beat me and I wasn't able to finish my ice cream. But we all enjoyed it. 
Waiting for ice cream
Ice cream dipped in colored white chocolate
Cotton Candy chocolate over ice cream
Enjoying our ice cream

Then we went back home for a break and a little nap before we went out for dinner. We are just across the street from the old town so we just walked down the street until we found a promising little Bistro where we were able to enjoy and excellent dinner. Our waiter was wonderful, so friendly and attentive. On the way home we bought some "Quebec style" popcorn to munch on as we walked. And just a block away from the apartment Christian tripped over Will and fell in a puddle of water. He wasn't hurt but he was so cold! So Jon lent Christian his sweater and Will lent Jon his and we were all able to get back without too many tears. 

Jon takes a picture through the leave
Jon's picture
The city from our balcony
Quebec City at night

That's it really. It was a quiet day. Tomorrow I think we will go and explore the old town.
Goodnight!

The view from our balcony


No comments:

Post a Comment