March 31, 2013

Puerto Rico Day Two - At the Beach

Hola!

This morning Jonny woke up bright and early and ready to get going.  He and James ate their breakfast on the balcony and watched the waves come in which was the perfect way to start the day.  Jon wanted to get moving right away so he and I went down to play some beach volleyball.  We had a lot of fun and even though just hitting the ball was a challenge for him Jon was cheerfully persistent.  Will and James joined us for a bit too and I'm hoping to play a real game with David and Jacob before we leave.

Beach Volleyball
Jon tries to serve


After volleyball Will decided to go in and James, Jon and I went for a long walk down the beach.  Jon changed into his swimsuit which was fortunate because for him, "walk on the beach" means running in and out of the waves.  That was fine with me because it gave me an excuse to play in the waves too.  :-)

Jon running from the waves
Running down to the point
James chasing after Jon
James and Jon
Playing with the waves

   It was a long walk down the beach and the dark clouds on the horizon were pretty obvious but still we didn't turn around until it began to rain.  Though it was just a light sprinkle we were pretty wet by the time we got back.  When we did, we found the rain had given Jacob and David a different idea and they went off to swim in the ocean.  While they were off swimming James and Camille ran out to do some food shopping and Will and Jon went off to play in their room which gave me the opportunity to sit on the balcony and read.  I cannot describe how peaceful and relaxing it was to sit and enjoy the cool ocean breeze. 


Ominous clouds
Jacob and David swimming on our beach
Horse rider on the beach

  We were hoping to see San Juan today but the timing didn't work out so instead we drove to a beach in Luquillo, the next town over.  We were trying to find a beach with snorkeling but we had some trouble with the directions (the street signs here are hard to find!) so we ended up one beach over.  The water was too choppy for snorkeling anyway but we had a great time playing in the waves.  And I beat Jacob and David in a water contest!


My silly brothers
Will in the water
  At one point Will was in almost up to his neck but when I tried to help me told me "Don't worry, I can manage.  I have an adult attitude."  When I questioned him he explained, "An adult attitude is when you jump up in high waves when they occur.  I'm practicing to be an adult."  A few minutes later when he had just gone through a high wave Will added "I almost feel like an adult now"  Not quite yet, my love.

Will
David and Jon playing
James enjoying a swim

   After a couple hours in the water (I had to drag Will out) we were all exhausted so we decided to grab dinner at one of the fifty beach side kiosks in Luquillo.  I was hoping that this would mean a quick meal like the one we had yesterday but alas it was two hours before we were able to leave.  The empanadas were amazing but the rest of the food, while still good, was not worth the long wait.  On the bright side the boys were extra cuddly because they were tired and I got tons of hugs and kisses while we waited.


Waiting for dinner

  Today had a number of small frustrations and it was longer than we intended but did have a wonderful time enjoying the ocean.  And tomorrow we get to explore the rain forest!  I hoping that will go just a little bit smoother...

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment